As I’ve grown older and dated, especially in London, I’ve noticed that most young, single men fall into two categories: a fuckboy and a forever boy. Let me explain the difference between the two.
His personality is usually quite confident/verging on arrogant, charming, sociable, flirty, very good looking, shows an initial interest you and then backs off. His traits include:
– He doesn’t text regularly, when he does it’s either a blaze comment or he sounds super keen.
– He’s often busy when you try to arrange to meet up/is vague about when he is free
– You feel like you are chasing him
– He doesn’t often ask about your life or remembers just enough to get by, but mainly talks about himself or when you’re next going to meet up
– He tries to sleep with you early on and then tried to make most dates either home based or in a pub near one of your houses
– He constantly plays mind games with you
-When you’re with one you often feel anxious/stressed/paranoid/insecure
They are also good looking but less confident, can be shy/more quiet, still charming but immediately shows an interest in you. Their traits include:
– He texts you good morning and good night
-You don’t feel like you are chasing him, he is either showing more interest or it’s fairly equal
– He asks you when you are free to meet up and is transparent with his schedule
– He remembers little details about your life to show he listens and has a genuine interest in your life
– He doesn’t put any pressure on you to do anything
– When you’re with one you feel calm/relaxed/happy/confident
– He makes it very clear he is only interested in you
I’ll admit I have normally been attracted to a fuck boy and their charming personality (which is probably why I’m still single) but now I’m making a conscious effort to remove any time or energy spent on such men (which there are many of in London) and give the ‘nice’ guys a chance.
Ladies – which ones have you dated before?
And gentleman – which type do you identify yourself with? Do you agree with the traits I have listed?